Beth Hess *
I think the stuff of everyday life can be special—from the glass you drink your morning juice in to the bowl that collects your junk mail. And that having a fabulous vase to put flowers in is a great excuse to bring some home, to surprise your coworker or say thank you to your mom.
I love making colorful, beautiful pieces of blown glass that help make your everyday feel special. I enjoy experimenting with color and shape in glass and make each piece in the studios of DC GlassWorks in Hyattsville, Maryland.
And when I’m not in the glass studio, I love to explore. The woods. City streets. Techniques in craft. Color. Texture. The everyday world around us. And I love making.
- Wunder Birds. Individually sculpted, colorful glass birds on crocheted nests that remind us to look up, down and maybe on the ground to find the wonder around.
- Blown Glass Pumpkins. A colorful addition to your fall mantle or table.
- Brickyard Bud Vases. Colorful, rectangular bud vases brimming with texture.
- Threads Collection Pitchers. Colorful, textural pitchers that can't wait to be filled with cheer.
- Glass Flowers. Individually hot sculpted to bring your blooms year round.
- Nature Series Vases. Colors and textures inspired by the parks of Prince George's County. Bring the outdoors inside.
- Lava Globes. Texture + color + my favorite shape. Great for flowers or a small light--you can't help but touch these.
5346 46th Avenue
(No upcoming events.)
|Entry Added By||Beth Hess | Entry #1353|