Living & Recreational Resources
Looking to Move to the Gateway Arts District?
The Gateway Arts and Entertainment District spans four municipalities, offers tax benefits for artists who live within the Arts District, is affordable, close to DC, and has a critical mass of other artists living and working in the area.
Below are regularly updated lists of local organizations' resources we feel will interest most Gateway Artists and Residents relating to home, general living and recreation. If you're a working artist, we also recommend you browse our Creative and Business Resources Page. If you have any questions or contributions, please contact our Content Management Team to reach your local CDC.
Browse lists of housing options within or nearby the Arts District.
Take advantage of State programs offered to homeowners to improve your property.
Head to our Business Directory to explore area childcare options. We also recommend browsing our Publications list below.
Head to our Business Directory to explore area arts schools for adults and youth. We also recommend browsing our Publications list below.
- Gateway Arts Learning Guide 2017
- Art Lives Here Magazine 2015 + Report
- Hyattsville Welcome Guide
- Mount Rainier Living Guide
- Charming, affordable home-buying and leasing opportunities
- 3 Dedicated artists’ housing properties
- 10 minutes to D.C. and the University of Maryland
- 2 Metro stops: Prince George’s Plaza + West Hyattsville
- Mount Rainier Circle: a dozen bus routes + Route1Ride
- Walkable local shopping
- Hyattsville Restaurant Cluster
- Gateway Arts Center at Brentwood
- Mount Rainier Business District
- Over 100 Arts-Based Organizations