Local Social Media Groups
Discuss the arts online with your neighbors
Looking for information for active events, thoughts, and other happenings in and surrounding the Gateway Arts District? In addition to bookmarking our online calendar, the following links showcase both our area's official and unofficial online arts-related groups and platforms. You can also visit our reading room blogs for official updates from Gateway organizations.
If you have any recommendations for us to list, please share with our Webmaster Team.
Share news, meet neighbors, and ask others questions
What's trending in our area
Add your event photos
Watch films, commercials, and footage
Affinity/Discussion/Civic Groups Blogs / +
Get involved, volunteer, and share reviews of events, artworks, and happenings
- Sign up to our opt-in Mailing List and receive Arts District Programming News
- Use our local Public Art Locator to find indoor or outdoor public art installations, and share your photos
- Follow and share our Reading Room's Blogs Feeds - View here or Get all Blogs in 1 RSS Feed
Arts District-specific Groups
- Gateway Arts District LGBT Community - We encourage dialogue, discussion, discourse, and debate about issues concerning our communities.
- Gateway Dog Training Club - We are a club of dog owners who enjoy training our dogs using positive reinforcement methods. We have different levels of expertise, from no experience to more advanced, and learn from each other and from guest trainers.
- Studio Tech Art Services in the Gateway Arts District - This page is intended to be a site where artists can go to find studio help, and where folks with skills can advertize their availability. It's a work-in-progress, suggestions appreciated.
- Hyattsville Arts Festival Blog - Every September
- Open Studio Tour Blog - Every May
- For a full list, head to our Business Directory's 'Affinity/Civic/Discussion Groups' section. Reach out and attend an upcoming get-together.
Neighborhood Groups, Civic Clubs, and Blogs:
- Click here for a full list of town listservs, area news outlets, and more. Thanks to the Hyattsville CDC for keeping their discussion groups list up-to-date.