In addition to the Gateway Arts District Artists Directory, it is integral for artists to be listed on various state and local listings. When organizations or the public looks for artists, they search area artist registries first.
"Transformation" by Valerie Theberge, credit: Artists in Public Spaces
Table of Contents
- Prince George's County Registries & Rosters
- Maryland State Arts Council's Registries & Rosters
- Regional Organizations' Registries & Rosters
- Prince George's County Gateway Arts District Artists Directory - Artists and Artisans of all media are invited to join our directory. You do not need to live in the Arts District to register, just to sell, exhibit, or visit. Artists who own brick-and-mortar businesses are also invited to add their businesses to our Business Directory (there's an option when joining the artists' directory). Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Gateway Arts District Work Opportunities - Calls for Artists updated regularly. Monitored by the Hyattsville CDC.
- M-NCPPC Arts Opportunities - You're invited to share your contact information with M-NCPPC Department of Parks & Recreation's Arts & Cultural Heritage Division; the Division keeps an extensive network of arts-related announcements and an internal database of artists.
- Prince George's Arts & Humanities Council (PGAHC) - You're invited to share your contact information with PGAHC. PGAHC keeps an extensive network of arts-related announcements and an internal database of artists. All visual arts and craft artists who live, work, or attend school in Prince George's County are invited to join the nearly 300 artists already in the Registry. The Registry is a free resource for artists, curators, and agencies commissioning art works. Previously maintained by the Maryland-National Capital Parks and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). Artists who were listed previously in the M-NCPPC Registry are invited to update their Registry file with digital images and documents.
- Public Art in Prince George's County - Public Art Listing featuring Gateway Arts District and Prince George's County artists and sites. Monitored by Hyattsville CDC.
- The Maryland Artist Registry showcases the immense breadth of creative talent within our state. We invite all Maryland artists to join the Maryland Artist Registry.
- Maryland Art Marketplace - MSAC is inviting Maryland artists of all disciplines to sign-up for the Maryland Artist Registry, and encouraging those with online selling sites for their art, crafts or artistic merchandise to opt-in to the Maryland Art Marketplace during the process.
- Artists-in-Residence Roster of Artists - The AiE Artists-in-Residence Program provides opportunities for hands-on intensive workshops involving a small core group of students and teachers over a number of days or weeks.
- Arts-in-Education (AiE) Visiting Performers Roster of Artists - MSAC offers a Visiting Performers Program Roster of Artists. Artists can join each year's roster. Clients then contact the performer for scheduling. The performer then drafts a contract that includes the subsidized amount for the performance by the AiE Program and the client's share of the performance.
- Maryland Touring Visual Artists Roster - Increases paid performance opportunities for professional Maryland performing artists. Artists can join each year's roster. Clients then contact the performer for scheduling. The performer then drafts a contract that includes the subsidized amount for the performance by the AiE Program and the client's share of the performance.
- Washington Project for the Arts Artfile Registry - An interactive, searchable registry showcasing the artist members of the Washington Project for the Arts.
- Art Bank Collection - Over 2,500 artworks, installed in more than 150 District Government agencies. An open call is initiated each year to invite local artists to submit artwork for consideration of purchase into the collection, providing the selected artists with financial and professional benefits. A selection committee is formed to review prospective works and to make final selections of all new acquisitions. Once purchased, the artwork is documented, framed and installed in public areas of DC government agencies, improving the environment in public facilities for DC employees and residents alike.
- Mid Atlantic Artist Registry - The Registry highlights the work of artists who have received fellowship grants from our partner states of DC, DE, MD, NJ, PA, USVI, VA, and WV and includes artists working in all disciplines.
- Association for Visual Arts - Based out of Tennessee, but works nationwide. Providing resources for those who make art (whether professional artists, emerging artists, students or non-artists) and fostering connections among art-makers and audiences.
- Public Art Archive - The PAA project is a national effort to increase public awareness and stewardship of public artworks, including “The Archive” database, a Tumblr blog titled “Find, Know, and Grow Your Public Art”), various educational initiatives, and local community engagement efforts. “The Archive” database is a free, online and mobile accessible catalog of completed public artworks worldwide. It was launched in 2010 and continues to grow both in content and features.