State Income Tax Subtractions
If you are a Maryland artist in any arts & entertainment district, you can now file the revised 502AE sales tax subtraction form.
These reductions apply to:
Income that an artist earns from the sale or publication of artistic work:
- Created within any arts and entertainment district and sold within any arts and entertainment district qualifies for the subtraction;
- Created outside any arts and entertainment district does not qualify for the subtraction; or
- Sold outside any arts and entertainment district does not qualify for the subtraction.
- Income received by an artist from internet, mail order and catalog sales of artistic work shipped from within a district qualifies for the subtraction, if the artist created the artistic work within any district.
- Income in the nature of royalties, licenses or other future revenues from the sale of reproduction or publishing rights does not qualify for the subtraction.
If you have any questions on the process, please contact the Hyattsville CDC to seek a walkthrough of the program. For more information on the State of Maryland's Arts & Entertainment District Incentives, click here.
Performing Artists creating live works, you are eligible as well.